- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Director!
This position is responsible for assisting in the day to day management of the companys Enterprise Business Services (EBS) core finance and accounting activities related to financial operations, GL Close and reporting. Key priorities for this role will include driving standardization and enhancements for their area of responsibility within the EAS organization. This role will work alongside internal leadership to provide accounting and close support, governance, drive transformation, help cultivate a continuous improvement culture, and promote ongoing learning and engagement in a fast-paced F&A Shared Services environment.
- Manage and develop staff in a virtual team environment
Position involves remote management, in addition to staff in Atlanta office
Number of direct reports: 3-5
- Gather, analyze data, identify anomalies and ensure relevant resolution for issues in their area of responsibility
- Leader and/or technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met at all times.
- Assist in development and maintenance of effective workflow in functional areas. This includes ensuring appropriate documentation and performance/customer services standards are understood and adhered to by the EBS and Assurant staff
- Formulates policies for areas of responsibilities and secures appropriate approvals. Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes.
- Fixed Assets policy, governance, maintenance and reporting
- Understanding and execution of GAAP and STAT allocation processes
- Daily/source system balancing in support of close
- Ledger and journal entry support (i.e., gatekeeper of the GLIM application for the posting of JEs)
- Close facilitation and support for the Enterprise
- Effective working relationship w/ the outsourcing partner EXL
- Understands, promotes and documents an environment of effective controls within the department. Ensures all team members understand company and regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, record retention, audit, etc.) and are continually verifying all their actions and processes to support Assurants values.
- Focus on streamlining, monitoring and developing best practices for EBS processes
- Maintain and enhance EBS operational metrics & related reporting
- Assist in developing and implementing strategy initiatives
- May assist in the overall management of EBS functional area Cost center budget(s) and expense allocation activities
- 8+ years of working experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience working within US GAAP reporting environment required
- Experience in developing a high performing team essential
- Advanced spreadsheet skills preferred
- Internal control knowledge and experience with Audit and SOX
- Experience with ERP essential
- Proven people leadership experience a must
- Experience with leading change management in a transformational role
- BA or BS in accounting or finance