Data Security Administrator
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We currently have an opportunity for a Data Security Administration to join our Corporate IT team. This position is located in our Canton, MA office but may sit in another location for the right candidate.
The Data Security Administrator is responsible for deploying new technologies as well as installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing, operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
1. Performs requested administration as required. Grants and revokes access to system resources to internal and external customers by exercising a broad knowledge of hardware, operating systems, applications, middleware and e-business.
2. Troubleshoots environment related problems. Resolves complicated issues in pressured situations by applying expertise. Documents findings for knowledge base.
3. Improves efficiency through continuous improvement. Assists with deployment methods to improving the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the group by choosing tools, scripting, and documenting processes for re-use.
4. Participates with group projects. Collaborates with other teams and assists in the development of policies, strategies and tactics. Coordinates efforts across functional groups. Plans and deploys solutions by coordinating with others.
5. Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of problems and changes at the Tier I level. Enforces policies and monitors system reports by investigating possible exceptions, updates, and maintains and controls documents.
6. Cross-trains with teammates to ensure that coverage is maintained to adequately handle fluctuations in volume, staffing, and learning curves.
Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Operating System (Windows, Unix), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and other applicable applications and programs.
Must demonstrate an intermediate level of technical expertise in related technologies.
Must have a broad IT knowledge, project planning, communication, and customer service skills.
Proven ability to meet deadlines and escalate issues and barriers
Experience working with global and cross functional teams
Demonstrated commitment to developing self
Knowledge of logical access policies practices and procedures
Understanding of Corporate Information Security standards
Advanced understanding of MS applications with focus on data analysis (Excel) process flow (Visio) and presentations (Word PowerPoint)
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Excellent organizational and documentation skills
Self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team
Manage deadline with minimal supervision
Demonstrated experience with infrastructure implementation, administration and day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting
Ability to research technologies, errors and products to determine paths forward
Ability to follow instructions
Off-hour/on-call support as needed. A certain degree of flexibility of schedule is required as some work planned/unplanned) must be done outside of major production hours during pre-scheduled maintenance windows
Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision
Demonstrates ability and eagerness to learn new tasks and skills and a strong interest in new technology and data security
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field required, along with at least 5 years of experience with applicable technology. Industry certification a plus.
Sailpoint Identity IQ development experience a plus.
CA Single Sign-On administration experience a plus.
Forcepoint DataSecurity administration experience a plus.
Microsoft Active Directory administration experience a plus.
Powershell Scripting a plus.
Varonis Data Classification administration experience a plus.
Vormetric administration experience a plus.
General knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework and other computer security publications.