Privacy Senior Consultant II- Northbrook
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
At Allstate, we strive to protect individual privacy by leveraging people, process, and technology. The Privacy Office is responsible for governing how PI is collected, used, shared, and retained for the Allstate Family of Companies (AFC) which we lead via the privacy program. The privacy program helps ensure appropriate PI use and its security is maintained. Tasks include maintaining policies and standards, providing training and education for promoting compliance. Also, includes is mitigating operational risks, establishing processes to ensure all PI is inventoried, assessing privacy and third-party risks are appropriately managed, and ensuring privacy incidents are handled timely and in accordance with the law.
A Privacy Senior Consultant is responsible for driving activities that support the identification, analysis, mitigation, management, and reporting of privacy risk and related policies and operations. In addition, the Senior Consultant identifies emerging trends in privacy risk management and risk mitigation, and participates in the implementation of programs that help to ensure or improve the effectiveness of Allstates Privacy Program
- Serve as a trusted advisor to business and technology partners by demonstrating an understanding of the partners business initiatives, mission, and goals, and operating in a complex and evolving risk landscape.
- Understand business requirements and works with stakeholders to define appropriate solutions and controls while meeting business goals and objectives.
- Perform impact and/or risk assessments to identify both real and potential privacy threats that can affect Allstate's technology and business environment.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures and controls to manage and mitigate risk privacy risk at a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Review complex changes in company processes, standards, and technology to ensure the effectiveness of privacy risk mitigation strategies.
- Participate in company processes, standards and technologies to ensure the effectiveness of privacy controls to meet compliance requirements.
- Research and analyze technology and business impact and exposure based on emerging privacy threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Support risk-based decision making through the use of portfolio models, privacy risk controls, matrixes and predictive modeling.
- Maintain awareness of current privacy best practices, industry standards, references, data models and regulatory compliance to understand and evaluate potential areas of privacy risk to Personal Information.
- Promote and consult on the controls and activities that help strengthen and secure the protection of Personal Information.
- Be a liaison and subject matter expert for the organization's privacy policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Champion the integration of privacy activities into Allstates day-to-day processes including work intake and project management processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: college degree or equivalent work experience in the field of privacy risk management: Minimum experience between 2 and 4 years.
- Able to manage a diverse workload and multiple projects in line with multiple and varying regulatory obligations.
- Able to influence, gain consensus, unite disparate ideas with practical work/project plans; work with cross-functional teams from all areas of an organization, including offsite, remote and offshore resources.
- Work comfortably in the face of ambiguity while continuing to move work toward a goal. Form solid assumptions and make decisions and recommendations based on a diverse pool of information.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand, including technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Able to evolve and stay current with regulations, technology, industry and privacy best practices in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate ability to stay current of evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Adapt well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of privacy controls, protocols, tools, and best practices such as PCI, HIPAA, NIST, GAPP, GDPR, and Privacy by Design.
- IAPP or other privacy industry certification preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.