The Sr. Process Analyst leads, facilitates, and manages cross-functional process improvement initiatives. Specifically use: value stream mapping, BAPs (business assessment process) and waterfall analysis to quantify ICW Group waste and customer pain in order to improve business processes. Drives enterprise wide Lean and Six Sigma projects to deliver tangible measurements and results in the areas of continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct the required fact gathering and intensive quantitative and qualitative data analysis to document, quantify, and specify process re-engineering efforts.
- Conduct studies of operations, workflow processes and develop the most cost efficient or productive way for processes; focus on improving productivity or work methods reducing costs and improving risk management and control (Value Stream Mapping and BAPs).
- Drive adoption of the required processes.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating business change activities associated with process improvements and system changes to ensure smooth transactions for business unit managers.
- Measure and track the results of the managed projects over time to document the contribution of the CX function
- Serve as a catalyst to identify and recommend improved performance through: capacity planning, resource allocation, work simplification, staff scheduling, service level management, revenue enhancement, organizational design, consolidation, performance measurement systems, training, strategic planning, productivity improvement, and expense control.
- Provide training, guidance, mentorship, and leadership to ensure consistency of approach and quality control for all continuous improvement initiatives in ICW
- Develop and implement management planning and control systems to enhance managerial effectiveness by providing objective, qualitative and quantitative performance indices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting or Engineering. MBA or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Six Sigma Black Belt Certification. 7+ years of experience in managing and implementing process improvement efforts. Exposure to the development of training curriculums on Lean Six Sigma from awareness through Belt Certification. Experience using either JMP or Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc. Experience leading waterfall analysis projects, RTP calculations and DOEs. Knowledge of analytical problem solving tools including Statistical Hypothesis testing, Optimization heuristics, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Simulation, Queueing Analysis. Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L. Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results. Strong ability to influence without authority. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent presentation abilities. Ability to work with a high level of independence with strong collaboration and relationship management skills. In-depth knowledge of transformation acceleration tools (facilitation and change management). Experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, or related field. Passionate about Continuous Improvement and ability to make others successful.