eWholesale Customer Care Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The eWholesale job family supports the growth and success of the complete Allstate Life and Retirement distribution system. This family develops agencies and licensed sales professionals to become self-sufficient in the sale of life insurance and retirement products, by developing relationships with agencies, licensed sales professionals, and financial specialists and enabling their success by providing product, process, and sales concept support.
The internal sales desk is responsible for handling inbound calls from agencies, financial specialists, and licensed sales professionals in need of immediate ALR sales assistance. They create strong producer interest and grow proprietary sales by reinforcing campaigns, producer education and spotlighting sales concepts. This individual may be accountable for handling customer inquiries as needed by their assigned territory.
- Answers inbound calls from agencies, licensed sales professionals, and financial specialists and responds to any ALR related inquiries or support needs
- Gauges agency comfort level with life insurance products and processes, recommends and schedules supplementary training with Virtual Trainer as necessary
- Tracks and documents all activity in the SalesForce.com platform, following processes established by ALR Distribution Leadership
- Participates in regular training to learn new product information, marketing concepts, and sales ideas
- Recommends new marketing and sales ideas based on best practices, industry knowledge, and market trends.
- Generates sales tools used in customer proposals in order to assist licensed agencies in making the presentation to potential customer
- Virtually interacts with customers if needed and/or requested by the licensed agent
- Maintains knowledge of existing Allstate products, new or enhanced Allstate products, and new and existing Allstate marketing campaigns
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years experience in sales, customer support, training or related field required
- Life and Health license required
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 (where applicable) or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the Allstate Broker Dealer required
- Experience in developing digital growth strategies, including sales and marketing concepts required
- Broad knowledge of insurance industry
- Broad knowledge of Allstate Life and Retirement
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies to facilitate virtual relationships and training
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust in a virtual environment.
- Strong communication skills Includes business writing, motivation and relationship management.
- Problem solving Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Positivity Ability to remain calm and is empathetic during sales process.
- Formative Thinker Able to change the direction of a conversation.
- Team building Blends with teams when needed; supports strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc.
- Planning and organizational skills - Can marshal resources (eWholesaling, Virtual Training, education teams, etc.) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.