- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under general supervision and direction, resolves moderately complex residential and commercial property claims by investigating losses, interpreting coverages, negotiating settlements, presenting evidence in legal proceedings while maintaining adequate production levels.Responsibilities
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverages.
- Investigates claims by interviewing insured, claimants and witnesses, requesting and obtaining official reports, by requesting and obtaining physical damage inspection reports, and by comparing claim information with evidence.
- Sets loss reserves.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford.
- Settles claims by determining clients coverages, liability, clients instructions and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage, pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Controls claims costs
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
- Recommends litigation when appropriate.
- Presents evidence at legal proceedings, producing reports and other documents as evidence.
- Maintains expected case load.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Product supervision focuses primarily on product being presented to clients.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Maintain acceptable product quality through compliance with service standards and compliance with internal quality control initiatives.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct. College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 6 months experience or completion of Crawford and Company basic property class, and/or continuing education requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Solid time management skills and organizational ability.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to handle challenging situations and people.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and people with tact and diplomacy.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.