MD Telephone Claims Representative Trainee, I, II, Sr.
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Studies and successfully completes the Claims Training Program including but not limited to company orientation, company prepared training programs, outside courses as deemed appropriate, and on-the-job training. There is close supervisory review of ongoing progress and results of work. Trainee will complete testing and evaluation as part of the trainee program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Learn to handle most aspects of auto claims
- Develop a basic understanding of the content of policies written by the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the functions of other departments, such as Policy Ops and Marketing
- Learn how to determine subrogation or fraud potential and how to handle
- Develop a basic understanding of systems and technology used within the company
- Identify customer needs and works to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
- Perform other projects and assignments as directed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Successfully completes Claim Representative trainee program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Obtaining/Maintaining appropriate licensing or educational requirements
- Learn customer service and time management skills through training classes as part of the trainee program
- Learn to recognize and identify all body parts of a vehicle and/or understanding other potential property damage
- Develop understanding of claim policies & procedures; refers questions to supervisor
- Learn to interpret and apply written coverage accurately to establish claim and determine an action plan
- Develop ability to handle repair/replace decisions
- Develop labor judgment skills and learn to complete simple estimates accurately
- Learn to handle some comprehensive losses (theft, fire, and vandalism) with direction from more experienced personnel
- Develop ability to handle injury claims and acquire a basic understanding of how to review, evaluate, and negotiate simple or basic injury claims
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion. Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers is critical
- Negotiation skills are important for resolving claims
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Gains a general understanding of insurance law as it relates to claims
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the NGI Insurance brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.