- Career Level
- Not Specified
Supports Claims personnel with various tasks relating to the set up and ongoing handling of insurance claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Contact loss participants or vendors for information at the request of claims staff
- Create and mail appropriate claim correspondence
- Order records and reports applicable for claims processing
- Assist with workload and workflow management by monitoring claims systems, distributing workload and completing profile updates
- Maintain office supplies for claims staff
- Work on daily maintenance and update of assigned tasks, correspondence, etc.
- Generate various weekly/monthly reports
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the functions of other departments, such as Policy Ops and Marketing
- Develop a basic understanding of systems and technology used within the company
- Identify customer needs and work to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills
- Perform other projects and assignments as directed
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Possess professional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess skills in customer service
- Possess negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment
- Possess skills in in decision-making and problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and internet
- Ability to gains a general understanding of insurance law as it relates to claims
- Associates degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Possess prior claims experience
- Ability to speak Spanish (Bi-lingual)
- Possess a thorough understanding of the NGIC Insurance brand and ability to exhibit the behaviors
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.-