AmTrust Financial Services
Latham, New York
AmTrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Recovery Claims Assistant II to work in our Albany, New York office.Responsibilities
- Handle small subrogation claims such as Workers Compensation Medical Only, small physical damage auto and other claims of limited complexity.
- Completes Subrogation Notice Letters as directed.
- Assists in copying and production of material associated with subpoena work.
- Receives and returns telephone calls as directed by the assigned claims handler(s).
- Performs other tasks relating to a claim file subrogation and legal bill audit as directed.
- Handles additional tasks requested by the Supervisor or toher Senior Management of the Recovery Department.
- Excellent keyboard skills with limited errors.
- Moderate to high-end personal computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Past use of any data base program such as MS Access is a plus.
- Past use of Claims operating systems in a claims environment is preferred.
- Telephone skills & Customer Relationship skills.
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and willing to work in fast-paced work environment. Strong command of the English language; both written and verbal.
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary.
- Strong reasoning ability is required.
- Must be able to think independently and make sound judgments with little supervision.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.