Director of Strategic Sourcing
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. Were on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Director of Strategic Sourcing is responsible for partnering with the Brighthouse Financial business organizations to design and execute a strategic sourcing strategy that aligns with the overall Brighthouse Financial business strategy. This position reports to the Chief Procurement Officer.
- Develop strategies for effective sourcing across Brighthouse Financial
- Gain a solid understanding of the supplier landscape, risk and spend across all supplier categories that Brighthouse Financial business areas utilize
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Brighthouse associates in supporting their procurement needs. Establish strong partnerships with the supplier managers and suppliers
- Working with outsourced procurement partner, supervise and, at times, lead sourcing efforts through the procurement lifecycle: from business requirements definition and documentation, RFxs execution, supplier identification, evaluation and selection process, through contract execution
- Prepare regular updates to senior management on supplier landscape, spend and supplier performance against objectives developed by the Chief Procurement Officer and Head of Third Party Risk Management
- This role will also indirectly oversee associates across Brighthouse Financial as well as with our outsourced procurement provider
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8+ years professional experience in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, technology / cloud solution experience a plus
- Solid understanding of the regulatory and business environment around technology and business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions
- High degree of problem solving and decision-making ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, work well in a team environment, able to work in diverse environments and adhere to highest ethical standards
- Excellent relationship building, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing third party procurement supplier; experience sourcing and contracting Technology solutions, specifically Software as a Service (SAAS) providers a plus
Up to 25%
Number of Openings: