Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
This position is the primary point of accountability to Business Partners and other parties for the management and implementation of the medium to large size Projects or small to medium sized Programs that support achievement of moderate to complex unit or corporate goals.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Director controls planning and execution of the Projects' or Program's activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met. The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. The Project Director operates within defined parameters using a proven Project Management Methodology with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 7 years of project management experience preferred. 2 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
- Experience in Customer Experience/Digital Capability initiatives
- Critical ability to effectively communicate across Travelers lines of business and with vendor partners
- Strength in informal leadership skills of technical cross-functional team, ability to persuade without direct accountability for their work
- Coordination of critical status points and escalation needs, awareness of what's important and when
- Experience/knowledge in Scaled Agile Framework practices
- General experience working with Agile teams - helping flow work to teams and prioritizing work
- Technical/development background
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs. Develops both IT and Non-IT Project budgets. Manages against them.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE