Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Enterprise Operations Technology is in search of a self-motivated, information technology professional to join the team. This individual will be responsible for managing and organizing the data by analyzing, developing and implementing data models, policies and standards. Develops Data Models for the Enterprise Operations portfolio that support the integration and organization of data/information across systems.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities for this position include:
- Work with Business, Architects and System Analysts to fully understand the business requirements and translate them into Conceptual, Logical and Physical models
- Uses a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitation, diagrams) to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams
- Coordinate data models, data dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications
- Leads design reviews of data deliverables such as models, data flows, and data quality assessments
- Partner with development and QA teams to communicate the business rules, data models and ensure test cases target the quality and integrity of the data model
- Partner with DBAs to transform logical data models into physical database designs while optimizing the performance and maintainability of the physical database
- Perform data analysis, discovery, profiling and identify cause of data issues and work with broader team to resolve
- Develop solid understanding of the various source data sets and assist in laying out the overall data design solutions
- Promotes data modeling standardization, defines and drives adoption of the standards
- Work with Data Management to establish governance processes around metadata to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, and reusability of metadata
- Engage and build strong working relationships with IT, Business and Sourcing partners
Education/Work Experience preferred:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in applying data management principles and industry standards to design, build and maintain complex data model assets in Transactional/Operational, ODS, Data Warehouse and Data Marts applications
- Effective communication skills and facilitation experience with business stakeholders to understand organization data needs and capture data requirements
- Analyzes and translates business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Advanced skills in ER design, dimensional design, canonical design, object design, UML
- Experience with a data modeling tool (ErWin, Er/Studio)
- Experience in Data analysis and mapping, creation and usage of metadata
- Ability to evaluate DDL for completeness and accuracy before submission to a DBA
- Experience working with Oracle, SQL Server, IMS, DB2 databases and writing SQLs
- Experience in delivering solutions using Agile and Iterative methodology
- Experience with metadata management discipline and practices
- Strong analysis and deep problem solving skills. Must be a self-motivated driver to find out data issues and resolve them quickly
- Experience in vendor teamwork and working with onshore and offshore partners
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and facilitation skills
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience with ACORD Insurance Industry reference models
- Experience or knowledge on data modeling that support Microservices
- Knowledge of the Property/Casualty insurance business; Independent Agent and Broker Experience preferred;
- Experience Implementing and Integrating Package Software products
- Understanding of Data Management principles and methodologies
Technical Knowledge: Has master level knowledge of multiple programming disciplines and a thorough understanding of the business that the assigned projects are supporting. Uses this understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues. Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge.
Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved. Knows how to execute to get things done. Able to perform credible analyses. Uses sound judgment and reasoning to draw conclusions leading to the selection of the best solution from a review of the alternatives. Effectively assesses short-term implications of decisions and understands the impact on the department and business unit(s) supported.
Team Orientation: Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest.
Self-Management: Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
Commitment to Quality Result: Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner. Suggests solutions that make sense and optimize the value of assigned projects. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Recognizes the importance of superior quality in providing a competitive edge. Ensures that reports are precise, timely and accurate.
Planning and Project Management: Works with the project manager/manager in identifying those project tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources
Financial Awareness: Understands, has input to the budget process, and shares responsibility for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects. Is responsible for important and confidential information.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1 year of technology related experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE