PF-Fin Analysis-Anlst III
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you early in your career and looking to grow? A senior in college? A recent college graduate? Well, we are a company of individuals with hopes, plans, and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Does this sound like you?
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing, interpreting, and communicating data and participation in the form of financial/operational plans, forecasts, and consultation. We are seeking an individual that thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; an individual that understands how to use data as the foundation of analysis. Effective communication skills, written and verbal, along with advanced interpersonal skills are required to translate findings into action across multiple levels of the organization.
- Preferred candidates will be a recent college graduate or completing their senior year
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- Demonstrates understanding of business unit and/or industry systems, processes and requirements
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with quantitative analysis, research and reporting
- If current college Senior, GPA of 3.3 or above with Finance/Accounting Related Internship
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Analytical skills to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources
- The ability to isolate drivers of change in key operational metrics, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
- Solid work ethic; the ability to follow-up, focus on details, and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement
- Oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills to collaborate with business partners in identifying emerging issues and assist in the implementation of strategies
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
- Prior experience in the insurance industry or financial sector a plus
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Tools including the use of macros and formula creation.
- Proficient with PowerPoint and presentation design.
- Experience with SAP, SQL, Business Objects, and Tableau is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.