Senior Privacy Consultant I - Northbrook
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
At Allstate, we strive to protect individual privacy by leveraging people, process, and technology. The Privacy Office is responsible for governing how PI is collected, used, shared, and retained for the Allstate Family of Companies (AFC) which we lead via the privacy program. The privacy program helps ensure appropriate PI use and its security is maintained. Tasks include maintaining policies and standards, providing training and education for promoting compliance. Also, includes is mitigating operational risks, establishing processes to ensure all PI is inventoried, assessing privacy and third-party risks are appropriately managed, and ensuring privacy incidents are handled timely and in accordance with the law.
The Privacy Sr Consultant I will drive the enterprise PI strategy in partnership with the Privacy Lead and Manager. The role implements programs and projects that will increase and improve the awareness and effectiveness of the Privacy program and will help with measurements as needed. This role is responsible for working with stakeholders to represent the business needs and partnering with Technology to drive key initiatives within Privacy.
Designs, implements and collaborates with clients on program elements and actions plans as they relate to the areas of Personal Information and Privacy. Provides support and advice on complex matters. Manages and executes projects of moderate complexity that impacts team results. Leads through strong communication skills, mentoring others and delegating work. Manages and supports projects related to the program such as Personal Information
- Work with individuals across enterprise to develop procedures that ensure effective privacy practices
- Support training, education and awareness projects alongside the privacy governance lead
- Prepare monthly, quarterly reporting used for internal monitoring and for executive meetings / committees
- Contributes to project milestones associated with specific privacy projects or activities within own department or workgroup
- Sets project timeframes for self-based on project objectives and ongoing assignments and prioritizes accordingly
- Measures and communicates risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders
- Benchmarks, defines and helps document privacy processes and methodologies
- Contributes and supports to privacy strategic initiatives
- Bachelors Degree preferred: Minimum experience between 3 and 5 years.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Is analytical and detail oriented; able to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively
- Basic to intermediate budget management skills
- Able to work in a diverse, multi-office environment
- Basic to intermediate business acumen
- Intermediate to advanced training development and delivery abilities
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and demonstrate influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
- Functions autonomously and delivers results while keeping management informed of work progress and escalates issues as appropriate
- Intermediate writing skills
- Ability to manage, and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Personal initiative (high level of motivation/self-starter; ability to work independently as well as on teams)
- Manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to inspire trust and influence management
- Creative and innovative thinking
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.