Underwriting Inspection Processing Associate
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstates Underwriting Team is committed to providing Allstate Agents with top of the line experience. A multi-location department, RMBC Dallas focuses on evaluating risk based upon property inspection results. RMBC Dallas is currently seeking talented and highly-motivated individuals who want to learn and grow with our Irving, Texas underwriting department location.
Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, shift flexibility is available after training and skill proficiency
Start Date: 5/7/2018
The Underwriting Inspection Processing Associate position provides extensive training and career development opportunities. Sound interesting? If so, wed like to speak with you!
- Performing in a high volume processing center, responding to agent inquiries, risk eligibility, as well as underwriting policies and procedures.
- Evaluating individual new business, renewal and policy changes across all property lines of insurance.
- Obtaining and analyzing information to ensure quality and accuracy of decisions.
Our working environment may look like the typical call center but our open and inclusive environment makes it so much more than that. We utilize a Continuous Improvement culture where our employees lead problem solving activities, receive regular performance coaching from their leaders and have regular check-ins with their leader regarding their career development. We work hard but still know how to have fun- we have an employee-driven team that plans fun, monthly activities!
- 1 year of processing center or insurance experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required. Additionally, able to perform basic math calculations.
- Intermediate computer skills including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong decision making skills and analytical thinking with the ability to make basic underwriting decisions and use proper judgment with some guidance.
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically (both oral and written)
- Strong ability to adapt to change
- Must be customer-focused, collaborative, and a team player
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organizations desired culture and values
- Attendance and punctuality is a key indicator of success in the role.
This position requires sitting for long periods.
Aptitude test required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.