Privacy Consultant II -Northbrook
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
At Allstate, we strive to protect individual privacy by leveraging people, process, and technology. The Privacy Office is responsible for governing how PI is collected, used, shared, and retained for the Allstate Family of Companies (AFC) which we lead via the privacy program. The privacy program helps ensure appropriate PI use and its security is maintained. Tasks include maintaining policies and standards, providing training and education for promoting compliance. Also, includes is mitigating operational risks, establishing processes to ensure all PI is inventoried, assessing privacy and third-party risks are appropriately managed, and ensuring privacy incidents are handled timely and in accordance with the law.
The Privacy Consultant is responsible for driving activities that support the identification, analysis, mitigation, management, and reporting of privacy risk. The Consultant partners with business and technology to mitigate identified privacy risks, conducts research to identify emerging trends regarding privacy risk management and mitigation, and participates in the implementation of programs that help to ensure or improve the effectiveness of Allstates Privacy Program.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to business and technology partners by demonstrating an understanding of the partners business initiatives, mission, and goals, and operating in a complex and evolving risk landscape.
- Understand business requirements and works with stakeholders to define appropriate solutions and controls while meeting business goals and objectives.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and mitigate privacy risks to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Conduct privacy impact and/or risk assessment analysis by supporting and consulting with business and IT partners on recommendations and/or mitigation strategies; manage and report on remediation efforts.
- Establish risk reporting for appropriate audiences (for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant privacy risks, to senior leadership to ensure they are aware of privacy risks relevant to their organization, and to individuals with accountability to privacy).
- Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of policies, standards and procedures to secure and protect personal information.
- Research and evaluate emerging trends and threats both internal and external.
- Provide support to stakeholders on requirements for new and existing business / technology solutions to assure compliance to privacy policies and procedures.
- Champion the integration of privacy activities into Allstates day-to-day processes including work intake and project management processes.
- Develop and improve KPIs, metrics, and trending for risk and impact management.
- Develop and refine procedures and techniques used by the team.
- Participate and lead new projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: college degree or equivalent work experience in the field of risk management: Minimum experience between 2 and 4 years.
- Able to influence, gain consensus, unite disparate ideas with practical work/project plans; work with cross-functional teams from all areas of an organization, including offsite, remote and offshore resources.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Knowledge of privacy controls, protocols, tools and best practices such as PCI, HIPAA, NIST, GAPP, GDPR and Privacy by Design.
- IAPP or other privacy industry certification preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.