- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
User Experience (UX) is comprised of multidisciplinary roles within Marketing that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging and productive experience. The organization serves the varying user experience and design needs in support of the CompoZed model across the Enterprise.
The main focus of the User Experience Researcher CompoZed is to identify, drive, and coach research methodology in a fast-paced, agile environment to help create informed solutions. This role will work closely with a design and development team to execute a rapid development model to maintain and optimize the efficiency of this fast-paced development model.
This individual will support and ensure a quality execution of a variety of UX research activities ranging from contextual inquiry, in-depth interviews to interface evaluations and usability testing. This position will spend the majority of time working with multiple project teams in a fast-paced work environment planning research and gathering feedback that will immediately impact projects. This position will also be required to work with team members on activities to generate user artifacts and contribute to the planning, recruiting, and executing portions of the research, analysis and reporting of the research activities. This position will also reach out to other areas of the business to both communicate findings and to seek out information related to the project team.
Key design and business team roles that the UXRC will interact with frequently include: Product Designer, Design Anchor, Core Team Researcher, Product Owner, and other related partners (e.g. Market Research, Analytics, other UXRCs across the enterprise, etc.)
- Core liaison role to facilitate communication and share deliverables of various formats to ensure research is consistent and design is informed. Ensure that engagement of key teams is occurring at critical points (i.e. connect with market research, analytics, industrial engineering, etc.)
- Create estimates and project plans related to UX research efforts for moderately complex projects
- Coordinate with team to plan, conduct, facilitate, and manage logistics of iterative evaluations of user-interface designs (usability testing, mock-up interviews, heuristic reviews, qualitative and quantitative measures)
- Plan and conduct formal usability reviews
- Assist in coaching/partnering with other team members on research and moderation strategies and techniques
- Assist in defining and refining UX research processes and promote the importance of such activities to ensure execution
- Create journey maps, user profiles, user scenarios and research objectives, aligned with project and business goals
- Sharing knowledge across related projects
- 3-5 years of relevant experience within a research function required.
- Ability to exhibit an understanding of all the activities involved in the Usability testing process
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing of usability tests in short periods of time
- Experience training peers and other team members in proper testing techniques
- Experience conducting heuristic reviews for moderate to complex applications
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, thrives in collaborative work
- Four year degree, Masters desired, in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field, or combined education and equivalent work experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.