Claims Risk & Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an opportunity for a. Claims Risk & Regulatory Compliance Manager. This position is located in Northbrook, IL.
This Regulatory Compliance Manager is responsible for managing professionals that monitor compliance to Company, state, and federal regulations and oversee the continuous improvement of field controls. This role sponsors projects to track, coordinate, and develop strategies that drive Compliance and advises management on opportunities to improve compliance and mitigate risk. In this role, the individual will track Regulatory and SOX Compliance procedures/results, work closely with and train Claims employees, and develop, maintain, and analyze Regulatory Compliance & Internal Control data used by management. The Manager ensures expert execution of required compliance processes and takes corrective action where appropriate to attain business results.
Specifically, this role will be actively involved with claims leaders in mitigating risks, and compiling and analyzing trends. You will be working with SOX, design and implementation of new standards and policies. This roles has 3 direct reports to start and approximately 20% travel.
The ideal candidate has strong written and verbal communication skills as they are influencing a largely virtual workforce.
Field Operations and Oversight
- Leverage thought leadership and apply expert knowledge to identify, monitor, and report on CW regulatory (including Market Conduct Exams), SOX, operational and internal control risks for the Claims Department.
- Design, train, and implement policies and standards to comply with Company, Federal, State requirements.
- Make regulatory risk recommendations, facilitate alignment on next steps and collaborate as needed to drive enhanced compliance results.
- Consult with Enterprise partners to strengthen Claims Risk Maangement practices
- Creates a productive,supportive work environment, ensuring understanding of business objectives/results
- Effectively coaches and provides development/career guidance to develop highly engaged employees
- Leverages performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance.
- Interviews potential employees, and administers company Human Resources policies
- Experience in SOX and regulatory compliance strongly preferred
- Experience in designing standards and processes preferred
- Managerial experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Applies advanced skill in organization, training, coaching and facilitation risk/response projects.
- Advanced ability to coach, problem solve, and motivate teams, securing alignment and driving exceptional outcomes
- Applies advanced knowledge of the insurance industry to include claims processes, policies, and procedures, regulatory compliance or risk management concepts/ best practices.
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Works independently on highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area expertise
- Allstate Level Factors: Please refer to the Allstate Level Guide on MyHR Knowledge
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.