Claims Risk Advisory Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an exciting opportunity for a Claims Risk Advisory Manager! This is a virtual opportunity.
The Claims Risk Management Team partners with Claims business leaders to provide advice on risks and response strategies and support for building and maintaining the control environment. This role oversees projects to analyze processes, identify and measure risk, assess the design and effectiveness of controls, and provide well-supported recommendations to leadership about risks and opportunities. This roles also plans engagements, leads teams and develops staff, researches approaches and industry best practices, develops informed recommendations for response strategies, and ensures quality and timeliness of project deliverables.
The Claims Risk Advisory Manager:
- Oversees teams of consultants (4 to 10 reports) focused on identifying and measuring risks, assessing the design and effectiveness of processes and/or controls, and reporting on findings, recommendations, and overall opinion of the quality of the operating and control environment.
- Ensures engagements are properly scoped based on a well-informed understanding of risks and leadership risk tolerance, and that procedures are crafted to appropriately support engagement objectives.
- Reviews engagement plans, workpapers, engagement findings, engagement reports, and other work products for quality and ensures deadlines are met.
- Provides regular reporting on risk assessment developments, engagement planning and status, engagement outcomes, tracking of open issues, themes, etc.
- Drafts reports and ensures findings and actions are well documented in accordance with department standards.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and exhibits strong partnering skills and ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders
- Consults through ad-hoc advisory engagements while working hand-in-hand with process owners to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects.
- Leads, or effectively engages subject matter experts as needed, to advise on complex regulatory compliance concerns, internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and other company, state, and federal regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
- Trains staff and partners on skills that support key capabilities such as risk assessment, substantive and control testing, control design best practices, professional/technical writing, influencing, etc.
- Leadership and managerial experience
- Claims experience preferred
- Prior experience leading projects with multiple resource and stakeholder groups
- Prior experience conducting meetings and preparing and delivering presentations to line, middle and senior management
- Advanced knowledge of operational risk and risk assessment methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and skilled at advancing work in ambiguous situations
- Highly advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Highly advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external partners and stakeholders
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.