Claims Support Specialist
Position Summary: Works under the direction of the Claims Supervisor and supports the Subrogation, Salvage, and Restitution processes within a team environment.
- Claims Process – Contribute to the claims recovery process by completing various requests from our staff in a timely and efficient manner. The ability to quickly process and stay current with a high volume of these requests is critical to success in this position.
- Administrative – Obtain any required documents from client systems, place our internal claim notes into client systems, order police/fire reports, run asset checks and handle incoming calls when needed.
- Communication skills – Exceptional ability to communicate professionally. Able to clearly express ideas, information or concerns with spoken word or written documents. Must speak in a straightforward manner and ask questions in order to promote open communication.
- Customer Service – High level of skill and awareness concerning effective telephone rapport and customer service, both internally and externally.
- Multi-disciplined focus – Must be able to work with all levels of the Company and have the ability to shift focus when required.
- Organizational skills – Critical to this position is the ability to perform the work with intense organization and attention to detail. Time management will be essential in order to manage the flow of this time sensitive paperwork and claims processing.
- Systems knowledge – Ability to adapt to changing technology and manage several client systems at one time.
- Productivity/Efficiency – Must be able to work independently and be self motivated in order to minimize non-productive time.
- Responsiveness – Ability to adapt to meet the needs of a fast paced team, respond with flexibility to support the work flow as needed.
- Problem Solving – Ability to exercise common sense and take practical action to solve problems independently. Investigate and follow through on discrepancies or missing information.
- Attention to Detail – Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all documents. Ability to be thorough and complete when working, processing, or providing information and documentation: tracking details and creating accurate documentation even under pressure.
- Teamwork – Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- High School Diploma
- Two years experience in an office setting
- Data entry experience preferred
- Insurance industry claims experience desired
- Typing 45+ wpm accurately
- Computer application knowledge
- Claims system knowledge helpful
- Basic accounting knowledge in order to make accurate computations
- Must be able to read, write and clearly speak English language