Insurance Data Analyst and Programmer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Insurance Data Analyst and Programmer for National General Management Corp., at its facility in New York, NY. Perform corporate-scale analyses crossing all lines of business and corporate holdings.
Location: 59 Maiden Lane, 38th Floor, New York, New York, 10038
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering Actuarial Science, Economics or related field
- Five (5) years post-bachelor's progressive experience in all of the following:
- Analyzing results, seeing trends or patterns within data sets and identifying root causes, applying advanced statistical modeling and data mining techniques;
- Insurance company underwriting, operations or business systems, insurance terminology and concepts and insurance data analysis and reporting;
- Advanced SAS programming language, SAS macro language and Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint);
- Business intelligence software QlikView (or Tableau, Spotfire) and MicroStrategy (or Cognos, Business Objects);
- Utilizing projection technique
- Experience must also include two (2) years post-bachelor's progressive experience in all of the following:
- In the insurance industry utilizing data used by insurance companies to estimate loss and loss adjustment expense (LAE) reserves and ultimate profitability;
- Database software to include Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle.
- Up to 25% travel required.