IT Asset Management Analyst II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The IT Asset Analyst II is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. This includes planning, monitoring and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with corporate policies. The individual will assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization. The IT Asset Analyst II will also develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Process asset related tickets and requests
- Comply with standard processes and procedures documentation
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed teams to achieve results
- Consistently seeks to develop self and skills needed to be prepared for future opportunities
- Provide coaching to less experienced team members
- Participate in projects as necessary
- Participate in HW/SW audits as necessary
- Work closely with all areas of the IT department to track existing assets as well as newly acquired assets
- Associate equipment invoices with hardware purchases
- Maintain software, hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, and servers) and license inventories for all locations
- Maintain Certificates of Destruction and asset tracking spreadsheet for all recycled equipment
- Ensure retired assets are stored in a secured area, data removed, and marked for destruction or recycle
- Perform periodic asset audits to verify the assets currently in use, the location and owner
- Maintain a notification process for asset purchase to ensure proper tracking
- Process invoices related to hardware/software vendor purchase
- Work with local and national recyclers to ensure assets are correctly disposed of or discarded
- Work with project teams to evaluate and manage equipment and hardware associated with acquisitions
- Provide asset reporting on a monthly and yearly basis or as needed
- Maintain asset purchase information, inventory and owner association within a central tracking/ticketing system
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Must have the ability to perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with an enterprise ticketing system
- Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Ability to assist other team members in conveying information to business partners
- Strong in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift and carry computers and computer monitors up to 35 pounds
- Bachelors Degree in an IT or finance related discipline
- ITSM experience preferable but not essential
- 3+ years of experience in an IT support environment using Microsoft SCCM
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.