Human Resources Business Partner I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position will work under the direction of the HR Director/Manager. The HRBP I handles all employee relations issues in areas of responsibility including but not limited to reviewing/approving performance improvement plans, performance management, handling complaints and seeing them through to resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provides advice and counsel to members of management and employees related to employment policies, employee relations issues, employment laws and regulations.
- Stays in sync with business happenings by attending staff meetings and being visible in operations.
- Builds partnerships with management by identifying human resource solution that support the current and future needs of the business.
- Works with management, peers and other HR colleagues to ensure consistency across the organization relating to policies andor practices.
- Act as an impartial advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment
- Provides management coaching/counseling and career development advice for employees when needed.
- Conducts HR training on various topics (i.e. sexual harassment, New Employee Orientation, Supervisor Policy/Procedure training, interviewing skills, etc.) as needed.
- Handles workforce planning involving re-deployment opportunities and reductions in staff.
- Supports HR projects such as acquisition integration, performance management administration, etc..
- Advises on compensation matters to ensure equity and fairness.
- Completes exit interviews to understand turnover trends and proactively implement retention strategies when applicable.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Develop, recommended and coordinate activities, functions or programs designed to increase employee retention and satisfaction.
- Supports and works with Talent Acquisition team as needed.
- Manages administrative functions of role relating to Workday, new hire paperwork and HR Doc Manager.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 3+ years HR Generalist experience with strong experience in employee relations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid organizational, persuasion, and project management skills are required.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate group presentations.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.