Manager, Financial, Planning and Analysis
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position is responsible for financial planning, analysis, and research as they relate to organization objectives of National General Insurance Accident & Health. Development of financial models for executive-level decision-making, preparation of budgets and forecasts, and development and analyzing of financial reports. Responsible for the supervision of financial analysis staff.
The Finance Manager will have significant exposure to business partners across the organization. Contributing financial analysis and insights, the Manager will play an important role in the Finance Department and will provide information and analysis to enable executives and managers to make informed business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Manage key areas of the financial planning & analysis function, including the annual operating and capital budgeting process, the long term planning process and on-going forecast development.
- Reconciliation/coordination of operational versus corporate finance reporting.
- Develop financial models; determine ROI, IRR and other significant financial metrics to provide recommendations to senior management.
- Daily interaction with executive and operations staff on key performance metrics and resulting impact on company financials.
- Develop multi-year budgeting process to include quarterly adjustments.
- Strategic analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual revenue, expenses and income.
- Potential management of front-line Financial Analysts
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed; maintain and extend existing reports using T-SQL and SSRS based on requirements.
- Stored procedure development using T-SQL.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or related field
- A minimum of 5 years finance experience.
- A minimum of 2 years management experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience writing SQL.
- Expert use of Excel and experience with financial models.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
- Above average interpersonal communication skills needed to interact with senior management.
- Insurance industry experience.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Hyperion, Essbase or other Financial Software products.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Demonstrated ability to work well on a team and lead teams in other functions. Ability to adapt well to a changing environment.
- Above average executive presence necessary to function effectively with multiple audiences.
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.