Senior Underwriter - Premier
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for reviewing new business, endorsement and renewal policies for eligibility, as well as, review vendor reports and home inspections to supplement the underwriting process for NatGen Premier product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Underwrite New Business, Renewals and Endorsements in accordance with company guidelines, authority levels and procedures
- Ability to discretionarily make decisions with a higher level of authority than the Underwriter
- Assists agents and customers on non-UW service issues
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Independent agents
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal employees across all departments
- Achieve PL Financial objectives for assigned agents for loss ratio, retention and new business
- Support and implement company objectives in regards to rating initiatives and agency management
- Accountable for education and training of agents on systems, products and rating
- Ability to identify process deficiencies and make recommendations to appropriate internal partners
- Occasional involvement in Claim coverage disputes or legal matters relating to policy decisions
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of Insurance Personal Lines Underwriting
- In depth knowledge of Personal Lines products
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish and maintain agency relationships and able to assist in leveraging business opportunities for other divisions
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability and desire to learn and effectively use computer based underwriting systems to manage workflow
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience in high net worth/mass affluent personal lines insurance products (homeowners and auto)
- Masters of Business Degree in Marketing or Finance
- Insurance professional designation (e.g. IIC and/or CPCU)
- Advanced PC skills
- Public speaking and/or experience training large or small groups
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.