Business / Systems Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position coordinates and participates in project requirements, reviews, production problem corrections, enhancements, and usability testing of any functionality required to any systems that support the Supplemental Accident & Health business. This position also works as a liaison between developer, product managers, compliance and end-users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Evaluates business requests to define detailed business requirements and specifications, works with developer to define alternatives and recommends optimal solutions
- Prepares test plans and scenarios for testing, executes test scenarios, approves project implementation and verifies the production output upon implementation. Responsible for verifying the accuracy of new enhancements and system changes to ensure a quality product
- Serves as business subject matter expert for developer and technical liaison for the business units
- Coordinates and documents the resolution of problems encountered during and subsequent to the testing
- Reviews and researches production problems; determines the extent to which they are testing, development, or user errors. Determines impact of issues on the business units, develops alternative work processes until issues are resolved, works with developer to recreate problem and recommend solution
- Performs other duties as requested
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and translate user needs into functional and technical specifications
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
- Demonstrates high level of skill in the development of test plans and test cases through thorough analysis of requirements
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of risk-based testing and consistently applies it to testing assignments
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to support testing for all testing functions within the department
- Demonstrates the ability to provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills including the ability to analyze problems and create effective recommendations
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer expectations
- Demonstrates effective listening, communicate, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
- Possess very strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
- Performs well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to aggressive project deadlines, and adapt to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Previous Accident & Health Insurance experience strongly preferred
Job Requirements -
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.-