BUILD YOUR FUTUREWHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Java Developer 2 Job Summary
Salary Range: $70, 916 - $81,553 - $92,190
A Java Developer 2 works under moderate supervision and oversight in a production support and/or project team environment to deliver both custom-developed and package-based software. Uses standard processes to code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the software development lifecycle. At this level, the Java Developer 2 will learn to begin designing. The Java Developer 2 also analyzes and corrects incidents and defects of moderate complexity in a timely and accurate fashion and provides status reports as required. A Java Developer 2 can support a variety of technologies that may include, but are not limited to, the following: Java and related tools, Mainframe/AS400 and related tools, PeopleSoft and related tools, ECM, Cognos. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of .Net experience and experience with Duck Creek.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Works under moderate supervision and oversight in a production support and/or project team environment to deliver both custom-developed and package-based software.
2. Translates business and system requirements into technical requirements and design documents for the proposed solution. Typically works on assignments of moderate complexity.
3. Uses standard processes to code, test, and analyze software programs and applications.
4. Contributes to estimates, and performs coding and unit testing for custom-developed applications.
5. Performs quality assurance functions including unit testing, system testing, and integration testing.
6. Provides production support to existing applications as needed.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. A minimum of 3 years experience performing application development and/or production support.
2. Demonstrated success in working on small to medium assignments/ projects with moderate complexity.
3. Proven ability to learn new technologies and processes.
4. Strong time management skills including the ability to plan work and set priorities.
5. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
6. Demonstrated strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Bachelors degree or commensurate work experience.
8. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.