SOX IT Intern
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant Inc, a Fortune 500 company, is growing strong. As we prepare to meet increasing demands for our innovative products and services, we have an opportunity for a skilled, self-starter to join our Internal Audit Services (IAS) department as a part-time intern at our Atlanta office. IAS is an independent, objective group within the company that provides assurance and advisory needs to the company. Additionally, IAS helps the company accomplish its objectives by providing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The scope of IAS includes audits around the following:
- Efficiency and effectiveness of business and Information technology (IT) operations
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations (i.e. Sarbanes Oxley)
In this role, the Intern will primarily work on SOX audits. This will give you a good look at the internal workings of an IT organization including user access, change management, password security and several others. You will support SOX management and perform the following IT-related functions:
- Attending walk-through meetings to assist with identifying and testing of key IT dependent SOX controls and IT General Controls (ITGCs)
- Documenting process and control workflows
- Design test procedures to determine the effectiveness of control activities
- Gathering evidence for control testing
- Identifying populations of control evidence
- Selecting samples for control testing
- Documenting test results within testing spreadsheets
- Identifying and evaluating instances where control objectives are not being met
We are looking for an individual with the following qualifications:
- Junior or Senior (could be pursuing masters degree) status majoring in Accounting/Finance (with an interest in IT) or Information Technology related fields.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Keen attention to detail is a must
The ideal candidate would able to start ASAP, work a minimum of 20 hours a week during the school year and a maximum of 40 hours a week during the summer and other breaks.
We offer a competitive wage, business casual environment, and a flexible schedule.
There is a possibility that the internship may be extended up to one year or more for the right candidate.