Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under general supervision, the Manager, Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for collaborating with Information Technology business partners in the execution of the Procurement Process and related best practices. The position is responsible for strategic sourcing and negotiation supporting Information Technology, as delegated, including IT hardware, software, software-as-a-service (SaaS), and consulting services. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain collaborative and positive working relationships with business customers and senior management, as well as with various internal and external partners such as Legal, Finance, IT Security, Compliance, Audit, IT, Supplier Management, and Supplier Diversity. Evaluate and negotiate contracts that represent business requirements with a focus to drive optimal Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Negotiate contracts for adherence to corporate contracting standards and policies and escalate contract terms that impact the supplier risk profile for discussion and approval as appropriate.
- Work on end-to-end negotiation deals and strategic sourcing events that have moderate to high complexity. Use negotiation and influencing skills as needed to enlist support from across many levels of the organization to complete a transaction.
- Design, lead and manage cross-functional teams in the preparation and evaluation of end-to-end Request for Proposal (RFP) activities. Draft RFP requirements and other documents, facilitate sessions with suppliers, review bids, conduct supplier analysis, and build supplier evaluation/selection criteria in collaboration with the business and other stakeholders.
- Make recommendations on sourcing strategies and results to the business, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Draft and manage contracts through collaboration with Legal (e.g., master agreement, statement of work, amendment, pricing schedule, service level agreement, etc.) through the established Corporate Procurement processes.
- Prepare and communicate final key contracted terms to the business, senior management, and other stakeholders. Communicate Corporate Procurement processes, policies and periodic updates on the progress of related sourcing projects to the business and stakeholders, including senior management.
- Communicate and support Supplier Management standards and due diligence requirements when consulting with business customers and partner with the Supplier Management team to resolve issues or questions.
- Assess, communicate and monitor priority on contract execution based on business impact in partnership with the business, Legal, stakeholders and senior management, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing team members on sourcing strategy, best practices, and knowledge transfer. Support Supplier Diversity initiatives during sourcing events.
- Leverage, where practical, across multiple business lines for enterprise purchases to ensure optimal pricing, flexibility, and terms and conditions.
- Maintain awareness of changing market conditions, as well as strategic business directions and senior management directives that create opportunities for cost savings. Perform benchmarking, spend analysis and other research to enhance results of negotiation and sourcing events. Maintain sourcing documentation to support and audit the selection and sourcing process.
- Provide some operational support for enterprise purchasing categories and programs Monitor and manage, with the business, contract renewal and termination dates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum 5 years of strategic sourcing, negotiation, finance or supplier management experience required. Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and customer service orientation required. Project planning, negotiating, organizing, documenting and problem solving skills required. Requires ability to take quick, decisive action in unique and complex situations to meet corporate business objectives and business requirements. Knowledge of business and legal implications of proposed procurement solutions required. Must have ability to perform equally well in a team environment or individually.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Experience in negotiating software, hardware, software-as-a-service and consulting services contracts is preferred. Bachelors' or Master's degree preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Intermediate to advanced proficiency of eSourcing and Ariba procurement applications preferred. Intermediate to advanced proficiency of Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred. Intermediate to advanced proficiency of working with a contract management tool/application to ensure all documents are organized and data is entered accurately preferred.
1 Operates standard office equipment (Frequently) 1 Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently) 1 Standing (Occasionally) 1 Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE