- Career Level
- Not Specified
Solve interesting and complex problems that have real-world impact, design for a multi-device eco-system, and use innovative creativity to create a user experience that is top notch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Produce a range of UI/UX deliverables to help communicate process and design, such as customer journeys, personas, and mental models
- Present your designs and rationale to stakeholders and customers
- Provide deliverables on-time and on-spec
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to troubleshoot and explore alternatives
- Serve as UX lead on a project basis and drive usability efforts throughout the development cycle
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Independently conduct user research and evaluate user feedback to gain actionable insights
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and enabling user success
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Provide UX/UI quality assurance and feedback
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years in UX or similar user-centered interface design role
- Experience with user research activities (contributing and directing)
- Comfortable giving and taking constructive feedback across a cross-functional team
- Ability to provide thought leadership within your knowledge domain and promote operational excellence across the organization
- Knowledge of technology advantages and limitations
- Experience with designing and launching multiple products and major features from start to finish
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Axure, Balsamiq or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Detail oriented, quality driven and possess excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Good understanding of Mobile / Responsive design principles and implementation
- BA/BS in Human Factors & Ergonomics Engineering, Interaction Design, Interface Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design or equivalent
Experience with A/B Testing tools like Optimizely / Visual Website Optimizer
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.