Senior Director Application Development
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for the overall leadership of an assigned application development and maintenance. Ensure the stable operation of IT assets and services by planning and directing technology and projects related to the operation and support of application development and delivery across the business, while leading highly-technical full-time staff members, contractor employees, and contracted services. Role requires extensive experience and knowledge of the system development life cycle, and large-scale, highly available, and complex/real-time IT systems environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provide input to business technology planning within assigned functional area
- Implement solutions consistent with the architecture of assigned business unit
- Direct and lead development groups and/or application support functions in support of customers and business strategy
- Oversee and provide input to several phases of the system development and implementation life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing, and ongoing support for application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, and tools
- Participate in the development of IT budgets
- Track and take appropriate steps to stay within budget
- Participate and provide input to the SLA development process and ensure internal SLA's are met
- Provide advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making processes
- Meet regularly with team to gather work statuses
- Discuss work progress and obstacles with assigned team and or direct reports, and provide advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback
- Establish measureable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 10+ years of service in senior IT leadership role
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Effective mentoring and leadership skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Expert knowledge in the Wintel
- Bachelors degree in computer science, business administration, or related field
- Continued education in a computer science, business administration, or a related field
- Proven experience leading an IT group
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.