Executive Service Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Executive Service Specialist researches and responds to formal complaints on behalf of all areas of National General Insurance, completes claim file sharing requests on behalf of Special Investigations Unit (SIU), and conducts underwriting reviews of business written by Managing General Agencies on behalf of National General Insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Coordinate, research, and respond to formal complaints received from various sources, including the Departments of Insurance, Better Business Bureau, Executive Office, Affinity Groups, and other sources
- Review and compile claim documents for File Sharing Requests received from various sources, including law enforcement, the Departments of Insurance, and other insurance carriers
- Conduct timely reviews of policies written by on behalf of National General Insurance to include an analysis of underwriting guidelines, third-party reports, billing, rating, and print
- Identify coaching opportunities, process improvements, and system issues and share with the appropriate parties
- Assist executive customers who call on the Executive Services line for policyholder service
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- In-depth knowledge of the insurance industry, including personal and commercial automobile, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, and homeowners insurance
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to diffuse upset customers
- The ability to make sound decisions that maintain compliance with state and company guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization, including senior leadership
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- High degree of independence, dependability, and motivation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience researching and responding to formal complaints from the Departments of Insurance and Better Business Bureau
- Experience with National General Insurance programs for all states and lines of business
- Experience with the claim-handling process
- Experience with EPIC software
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.