IT Network Architect & Team Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
National General Insurance, www.ngic.com, is currently hiring for a IT Network Architect / Team Lead for our growing IT organization based in Dallas, TX (Farmers Branch area). The ideal candidate for this position will have prior Network Architecture background and will be designing the network standards for a multi-billion dollar company. We need a Cisco Guru in this role. This is a HOT opportunity with our company and we are ready to hire immediately. If interested in growing your career, please Apply accordingly.
Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
This position is responsible for the design, architecture and management of various platforms, to include all aspects of the data communications infrastructure for all locations. This includes accountability for network stability and performance and ensuring that company objectives are met. In addition this position will provide technical leadership for the data communications team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Design, install, and maintain data communications systems for multi-datacenter, multi-branch international organization
- Serves as technical consultant to end-users, business partners and IT personnel
- Provides technical and design leadership for the data communications team with primary responsibility for consistent and stable network architecture, documentation, and development of strategic roadmap
- Maintains 7x24x365 support coverage. This includes monitoring and directing resolution of network incidents, performance concerns, and maintenance of all data related VoIP systems
- Investigates and provides root cause analysis for all network interruptions and outages and provides mitigation plans to prevent recurrences
- Provides in-depth analysis of network issues and events utilizing advanced tools to capture and analyze network traffic at the packet level
- Takes responsibility for the assessment and optimization of network services
- Works with vendors to ensure availability and stability of all data and associated VoIP services
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert in evaluations of vendor products and make recommendations on selection
- Works closely with resources in the Voice Communications group to ensure network service performance levels prevent voice quality degradation and interruption
- Participates as the Subject Matter Expert in the execution and management of projects within the data communications environment. Larger projects may be assigned a specific project manager
- Mentors and assists with professional development of resources in the data communications job family
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Cisco CCIE or CCDE certifications or proven equivalent experience and knowledge specific to the platforms used in our networking environment
- Expert knowledge of data communications systems including routing, switching, local and global load balancing, web proxy and content filtering as well as network quality of service
- Expert knowledge of data communications network security including design and administration of firewall rules, intrusion detection and prevention, data loss prevention and protection
- Strong analytical skills in order to design and provide cost-effective solutions to support business initiatives and project requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to present clear and detailed explanations of network issues, their root cause and associated resolutions, along with remediation plans with all levels of management
- The ability to work with business representatives to develop detailed requirements and project plans to support new initiatives
- Experience with network monitoring platforms such as Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, etc.
- Working knowledge of IP Telephony and convergences of technology as related to voice and data communications
- Competent in the use of MS Office products such as includes Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to data communications team members
- 10 or more years of related work experience in a large, multi-datacenter, multi-branch location
- In depth knowledge of Cisco data communications platforms including Nexus 9k series devices, UCS blades and fabric interconnects
- In depth experience with EIGRP and BGP routing protocols
- In depth knowledge of Checkpoint Firewall platforms including 41k and 61k hardware series
- In depth knowledge of local and global load balancing on the F5 Big-IP or VIPRION platforms
- In depth knowledge of WAN acceleration on the Riverbed Steelhead family
- In depth knowledge of wide area network platforms including MPLS, VPLS, as well as various point to point circuits
- In depth knowledge and experience in a multi VRF environment utilizing technologies such as Cisco VRF and VRF-lite
- A high degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Vendor certifications in applicable disciplines from vendors other than Cisco such as F5, Riverbed, Bluecoat, etc.
- Experience in a financial services organization, or large publicly traded organizations
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.