Lead Software Developer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Development and maintenance of software applications built using Microsoft stack.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Design, develop and test software applications
- Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create technical specifications and unit test plans
- Work with QA to align understanding of requirements and to develop system test plans.
- Work as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Demonstrate a basic degree of creativity and problem solving skills
- Follow the established software development life cycle
- Follow established coding standards and naming conventions
- Support applications using software development methodologies including structured programming, documentation, design and code review
- Work with business analysts and application users to define and design robust user centric application solutions.
- Collaborate with UX resources to drive consistent look and feel of user interface.
- Collaborate with database resources to ensure robust and complete data access and manipulation.
- Collaborate with IT Operations to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements.
- Mentor junior and other new developers when required
- On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft technology stack
- Proficient with MVC, Angular, Asp.Net, JQuery
- Must have hands-on experience with Visual Studio & TFS as source control tool
- Must have good understanding of SOLID and object oriented programming (OOP) concepts
- Must have experience with WCF
- Relevant Microsoft certification is strongly preferred
- Experience with Web API, Entity Framework
- Experience with Crystal Reports, SSRS, SSIS
- Experience in end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with code review and evaluation
- Good at understanding requirements, estimation
- Good team player, have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
- Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
- Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
- Understands solution at the project level
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.