Case Management Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Provide a quality and timely experience for our clients, agents & carriers with each interaction, as well as supporting our internal staff where appropriate. The case management team receives inbound calls from our internal sales agents, and clients to resolve issues and complete the underwriting process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, carriers, partners and internal staff members
- Manage all inbound calls which can include assisting the client in completing their application in full, answering questions, or additional customer service task
- Work with escalated clients and help provide a resolution
- Back up application queue
- Manage a case load, based off of carrier, product type, or additional requirements
- Work with the ticket system to resolve agent tickets
- Manage carrier books of business
- Ensure CRM data is current
- Display a high degree of system acumen, patience, and orientation to detail
- Interact with various carriers to complete applications and follow up with clients to ensure all necessary documentation has been obtained and transmitted accordingly
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 30+ days of experience as application specialist with proven track record of accuracy and understanding of concepts
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be customer-oriented and able to effectively trouble shoot and resolve customer questions and concerns
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Work well under pressure
- Flexibility with scheduling around business needs and excellent attendance
- Achieve bonus metrics as provided by reporting supervisor
- Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise and enable your team members' mutual success as the organization continues to grow
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Experience in the Insurance industry
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.