Technical Accounting Manager - Finance
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Technical Accounting Manager will help to ensure the Company's books and records are in compliance with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and U.S. GAAP reporting requirements. Provides technical accounting guidance to the Company's senior financial management and business operations on complex business transactions.
- Assist Business Operations and Corporate Financial Reporting in addressing complex technical accounting issues. Prepares written communication of the Company's position on certain complex accounting issues for the Company's files and the internal and external auditors.
- Implement new accounting standards and participate in the establishment and documentation of internal accounting policies and procedures including:
- Review of contracts for revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Review of leases and assist with the implementation of ASC 842
- Act as liaison to other finance groups on accounting matters.
- Corporate Global Strategy and Development regarding acquisitions/divestitures.
- Corporate Internal and External Audit regarding audit findings.
- Corporate Tax on accounting for income taxes.
- Assist Corporate Financial Reporting with monthly/quarterly/annual internal and external financial reporting requirements (including the accounting treatment for unusual transactions, selected footnote data, etc.). Prepares various supporting schedules for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Informs management about the activities of accounting's rulemaking bodies including the FASB and SEC.
- Address other ad hoc requests and participate in special projects, as necessary.
- Recruit, screen, interview, hire, train and mentor staff. Determine staffing needs for unit/department.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
- 4+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience or a combination of public accounting and relative private corporate accounting experience.
- Experience in researching technical US GAAP guidance and documenting and communicating conclusions with senior management and/or auditors.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus. Experience with People Soft a plus.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and prioritization skills; attention to details.
- Proficiency in Excel,
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and
- Must have the ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance multiple projects.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.