Internet Marketing Strategist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Internet Marketing Strategist in our eCommerce Department. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading activities in support of eCommerce operations. The individual will be responsible for the coordination of activities between outside vendors, Marketing, ETG and Creative to develop online sales and marketing. This includes but is not limited to search engine optimization, online marketing, user interface design, email marketing and social media marketing and online sales. Performs detailed analyses of customer and promotion data to identify online marketing opportunities, evaluate effectiveness of list/market/media selections and make recommendations to improve results, manage promotion costs and profitability, etc. Ensure accurate and timely implementation of programs and promotions. Assist in developing annual budget to accomplish the overall objectives for eCommerce based on statistical data, performance reports, input from Market Segmentation, Agency, Telesales and DMG. Establishes and implements the testing strategy to accomplish the promotional budget. Provides guidance, coordinates work activities, and resolves problems with internal and external vendors and customers as needed. Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs). Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights. Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests. Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience. Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points. Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels. Evaluate emerging technologies; provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption when appropriate.
- Requires a four-year college degree in marketing, user interface web design, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of internet marketing and/or eCommerce experience is required.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing.
- Insurance experience preferred.
- Demonstrate experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools.
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead resources in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal personnel.
- Strong knowledge of internet marketing including email best practices, list utilization; integrated database marketing; research techniques; testing strategies; modeling.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong math and basic financial knowledge.
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of query and analytic tools as well as Microsoft Office software.
- Solid understanding of paid search, behavioral marketing, affiliate programs, social media, e-mail marketing and SEO.
- Hands-on experience with web reporting tools, such as Google Analytics, Webtrends, Google AdWords, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and provide strategic direction to support teams.
- Strong knowledge of insurance products and customer demographics, market research and testing philosophies.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.