- Career Level
- Not Specified
Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Mail Processor in our Mail Processing Center. The selected candidate will manually insert policies and related documents according to package register instructions. Operates manual postage machine to meter postage on mail carrier envelopes. Inserts policy into postmarked envelopes; mails policy within 2 days (maximum) of policy issue. Verifies accuracy of name on each policy against outline of coverage and welcome letter prior to inserting documents. Completes personal job production transmittal reports by recording number of policies inserted in carrier envelopes per shift. Mechanical production environment, elevated noise levels, concrete floors, moderate to heavy dust levels, exposure to temperature extremes within warehouse.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Able to push and pull mail carts weighing up 700 to 1,000 pounds, and able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to match names and numbers on policy documents.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to quickly and efficiently insert numerous forms.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure of deadlines while performing routine tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate (or learn to operate) office equipment including a postage machine and various production machines.
- Strong math aptitude is required to complete required reports and forms.
- Some PC aptitude is desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster cooperative effort while maintaining a positive attitude.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.