Senior Security Engineer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, configuring, and supporting enterprise security solutions. This includes working closely with other departments, IT teams, auditors, partners, and vendors to support and promote security initiatives to advance our security posture. In addition, the Senior Security Engineer acts in a consultative role to streamline processes and procedures as well as provide well-reasoned recommendations for securing new and existing applications and systems.Responsibilities
- Researches and evaluates current and emerging security technologies to support organizational security objectives
- Provides accurate and timely support of security applications and systems
- Demonstrates strong trouble-shooting skills in complex environments with advanced knowledge of security concepts
- Designs, develops and manages security management procedures, policies, standards, design, and support guidelines
- Assists Crawford project managers in completing projects on time, within scope, and within budget
- Adheres to Crawford change control processes and provides timely response to security incident/support tickets
- Participates and guides multiple, simultaneous projects and work streams
- Manages multiple simultaneous issues with exceptional follow through
- Bachelors degree in security systems engineering, networking, or a technical field such as computer science or engineering.
- 5+ years as a Security Engineer, with at least 3+ years of experience in leading security systems development and enhancement projects
- Experience with improving security systems management processes and configuration
- CEH, CISSP, GIAC or other advanced security certification preferred
- Security mindset. Assume the world and employees are out to get you, and thinking through all the threats and mitigations.
- Knowledge of Data Security in the following areas: Cloud Storage, DLP, Email Security, Encryption, File Activity/Integrity management, and SIEM.
- Knowledge of Endpoint Security in the following areas: Disk Encryption, HIPS, Host Firewalls, MDM, Patch Management, Vulnerability Management, and Web Filtering.
- Knowledge of Network Security in the following areas: Advanced Threat Protection, Network Segmentation, Next Generation Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Sandboxing, VPN, Web Application Firewalls, and WiFi.
- Knowledge of User Access Security in the following areas: Access Certifications, Identity Access Management, Multi Factor Authentication, Privileged Account/Identity Management, and Single Sign-On.
- Knowledge of security best practices and standards such as ISO27001, ISO27002, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and SOX.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Windows, Oracle/SQL Server, and Unix.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as machine learning, behavior analytics & anomaly detection to support ongoing mitigation.
- Knowledge in developing, implementing and architecting security systems.
- Strong skillsets supporting incident response activities.
- Scripting background with Powershell or other scripting technologies.
- Exceptional analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills, including the capability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Proven team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
For three decades, GCG, has been the recognized leader in providing legal administrative services for class action, mass tort and bankruptcy cases. In fact, we are the first claims administrator to have earned SOC 2, Type 1 certification.
The breadth and depth of our experience, responsiveness, global resources and state-of-the-art technology have made us the recognized leader in our field and the partner of choice for leading law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies, and other legal professionals requiring our unique administrative support.
With more attorneys than any other firm in our business, and a staff of more than 500 that includes a team of software engineers, call center professionals, in-house legal advertising specialists and graphic artists with extensive website design experience, resources are unparalleled in the industry. We have offices coast-to-coast and are ready at a moment's notice to provide cost-effective administration services tailored to the needs of each case, regardless of its size or complexity.