- Career Level
- Not Specified
Take your Paralegal career to the next level! This role is responsible for initiating the legal contract drafting and fulfillment process with the channels, clients and attorneys. The Paralegal will also assist in the development of standard contracts, review business deal parameters and formulate customized contracts, and facilitate contract completion and storage. Other responsibilities include legal research and general support for the attorneys with special requests. This position requires experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and requires general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Achieve alignment of business deals and legal documentation by analyzing and negotiating moderately complex business deals and preparing customized contracts, including Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Service, Change Authorizations, Hold Harmless Agreements, and Hotel Agreements. This involves close interaction with the Account Executives, Sales Executives, vendor and client business and legal personnel, and the Law Department attorneys in order to understand and incorporate final contracting parameters. (60%).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard contracts, processes and systems and required tools to ensure that contracts are prepared accurately, efficiently and timely (20%).
- Draft, review and maintain non-disclosure agreements with clients (10%).
- Support attorneys with special projects including legal research, record retention, etc. (10%).
- Bachelors degree or Associates degree
- Two years work experience in a corporate legal environment
- Familiarity with commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in the insurance and service contract industries
- Paralegal certificate
- Four year college degree strong preference
- 4+ years of experience in contract work strong preference
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate setting strong preference
- Prior experience in Information Technology contracts a plus