Manager, Workers Compensation Claims
ICW Group has an exciting opportunity as a Manager of Workers Compensation Claims to manage and oversee the technical product of the home office claim branch. We are looking for someone to assure that practices comport with state compliance regulations and ensure claims are processed expeditiously, efficiently and cost effectively, and that we provide the highest level of servicing to our customers. What makes this opportunity exciting? Well, no day is the same and if you look forward mentoring staff, solving problems being challenged, and thinking outside the box, then this critical role might be for you.
Manages a regional unit of claim departments in the performance of their daily activities.
- Assures that all ICW Group practices and procedures, and state regulations governing the processing of claims and reporting of losses, are practiced daily for multiple states.
- Identifies and provides applicable resources (including vendors) for all team members to meet expectations, daily.
- Maintains regular review of reserves to ensure each open file adequately reflect the reasonable ultimate cost of the claim.
- Reviews and audits claim files to make sure that ICW Groups and the states W/C expectations are met daily. Ensures claims are processed aggressively to achieve the best possible result and an acceptable closing ratio.
- Manages multiple branch expenses daily.
- Promotes and encourages effective communication with all team members daily, for multiple branches. Completes and shares applicable reports to staff, agents and Home Office as necessary.
- Organizes team workload, assigns projects and manages resources and results.
- Sets performance expectations, team and individual goals and timelines in alignment with department management.
- Provides regular feedback and coaching to team members.
- Mentors and develops analysts to further their skills, knowledge and professional practice; creates and monitors development plans.
- Provides organization and skill development for new team members.
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations.
- Ensures staffing coverage for the team is available to support customer needs.
- Manage all hiring and disciplinary actions for his/her direct reports. What do you need?
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred. Requires a minimum of 5 years examining experience and at least 1-3 years as a Manager of claims professionals. Advanced understanding of Workers Compensation claims principles and application. Strong understanding of personnel and performance strategies. IEA Certificate, WCCP Accreditation preferred. CPCU designation a plus. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills. Requires a high level of attention to detail. Team oriented and a sense of urgency for execution. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and/or public groups. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.