Senior UI Designer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are Allstate Digital Ventures, Allstates newest group tasked with finding new consumer value and developing new, technology-enabled, and ethical business models.
As we continue to grow our design team, we are looking for for a Senior UI Designer, someone who can help us take our soon-to-be-launched consumer cybersecurity product to new level of sophistication in addition to continue formalizing our approach to design via proprietary process, methods, and assets.
We are looking for someone who has most (if not all) of the ten following traits.
- You are a skilled, self-motivated Senior UI designer with 5 or more years of experience.
- You are classically trained in design with at least a bachelor degree from a reputable school (this being said, If you have a rock-solid portfolio, extensive experience, and are superbly nice hey, we are not going to say no!)
- You have a solid portfolio: your previous work includes high-quality UI digital work (Android and iOS apps, specifically) that has been shipped.
- You have been in the trenches: you have worked working with development to iterate, launch into the market, measure and modify your design to get to something truly great. In other words, you know your way around agile and lean start-methodologies.
- You not only about how things look and feel: you are also aware of the other things that make for a great user experience: flows, microinteractions, animations, tone&voice microcopy, features, etc
- You are a data-driven designer: your beliefs are strong (you can come to the table with clear point of view) but loosely held (what you think shifts in light of new data we have a top notch user research capability that we think you will enjoy).
- You are as systems thinker and understand how a good experience comes from consistency and simplicity. You may even have developed a UI pattern library.
- You have a growth mind-set: you are mature, curious, resilient, and can take the long view and know, from experience, how to tough is to get to something great.
- You are a student: you are in the know about whats going in the UX world and wants to bring that knowledge to the team.
- You are a teacher: you enjoy mentoring more junior designers and as well as showing the value of good design to other stakeholders.
If you fit the profile above, the team looks forward to meeting you. This is what we offer.
- The best of both worlds: a nimble, strongly backed, independent start-up under the umbrella of a reputable corporation.
- An organization that is investing heavily in innovation and sees UX and design as a core make-or-break capability.
- The chance to work on launching a category-changing product while building new-to-Allstate, new-to-the-world technologies and capabilities.
- A rare opportunity to be involved in building a new design capability from scratch.
- A collegial, team-oriented culture where your voice is heard and your opinion sought.
- A platform for leadership development and professional growth (we take this very seriously!)
- Frequent exposure to interesting startups.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits, snacks, cool workspace, and nice people to work with.
If you want to know more, get in touch with us.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.