Manager, Digital Product Owner
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are Allstate Digital Ventures, Allstates newest group tasked with finding new consumer value and developing new, technology-enabled, and ethical business models.
This position leads cross-functional teams as Allstate looks to diversify its core offerings through the creation of differentiated products and services for consumers. The position participates in strategy development, owns the product use cases and functional requirements, partners with tech developers to drive technical solutions for projects with medium to high complexity. The role operates in a matrixed, fast-paced and demanding environment. This role works with research to capture insights for product development and refinement. Work with UI, UX designers, and technology developers to drive vision of product strategy and implementation of product requirements. This role operates in an undefined, ever evolving space and must be able to drive work forward with minimal oversight.
- Develop and refine business case and product functional requirements aligned to product strategy and market opportunity.
- Create product use cases to align on end-to-end consumer experience and serve as foundation for detailed product requirements.
- Develop product requirements through partnerships with cross-functional teams including Research, UX, UI designers, technical product developers.
- Leverage and integrate consumer research, usability studies, and market studies into product requirements to drive value for the consumer
- Understand Allstates strategic and competitive position to evolve the product roadmap with product team
- Build consensus on prioritization of product requirements based on consumer needs, consumer and market trends, and competitive landscape assessments
- Translate product vision into discrete and manageable deliverables to enable fast speed-to-market.
- Define, measure, and analyze key product success metrics
- Deliver creative solutions while maximizing efficiency in fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Bachelors degree required
- 4 - 6+ years of consumer-focused Innovation, Product Management, Product Design, Marketing, or related experience
- Need to be a true product owners and do real delivery/ go to market strategies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills and consensus building across all levels of a product organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing regardless of audience designers, senior business stakeholders, technical product developers, users, etc.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills
- Proven track record of successfully developing and delivering innovative products to the consumer market
- Ability to break the long-term vision down into concrete, manageable, deliverable capabilities that provide user value as quickly as possible
- Fluent in design-thinking principles, ideation workshopping, and user research principles
- Experience in solution architecture, technical design of complex mobile and web applications
- Balance analytical, data-orientation with user insights and strong user experience design sense to drive product decisions to enhance user satisfaction
- Must be able to guide the work of cross functional teams including design, technology, operations, and potentially other areas within Allstate
- Experience in startup environment or other entrepreneurial experience a plus
- Insurance industry sector knowledge a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.