Real Estate Investment Attorney
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for an investment transactional attorney with 3-6 years of investment counseling in the areas of real estate private equity funds, direct real estate investing, joint ventures, commercial real estate transactions and other real estate investment areas. You must be interested in an in-house position in the legal department of a Fortune 100 company. Join Allstate as a Staff Attorney in the Investments & Business Transactions division of Allstates Law & Regulation Department!
You will collaborate with other attorneys and work directly with our business partners as a member of the investment law team. The investment law team is responsible for a wide range of investment transactional work for our public company parent, numerous subsidiaries, and our investment advisers. The investment law teams work includes advising the business partners on Allstates $80 billion portfolio that includes all types of public and private investments, including opportunistic and alternative investments, as well as the negotiating and drafting of leases and real estate-related agreements for Allstates corporate-owned and leased office portfolio located throughout the U.S.
We are fortunate to have a great team of talented, engaged, hard-working attorneys and are looking for someone like that to join our team. You will be working with attorneys who are invested in your professional development and appreciate that work-life balance begins with the idea that your career and your life should be mutually rewarding, not mutually exclusive.
- You will provide legal advice and counsel to business partners on legal issues and risks in connection with various transactions, including complex matters.
- You will conduct legal reviews, identify issues, draft, review, and negotiate real estate fund documents such as limited partnership agreements, side letters and subscription agreements, real estate joint venture agreements, purchase and sale agreements, construction loan documents and ancillary documents such as development management agreements and property management agreements.
- You will manage projects and prepare recommendations with respect to day-to-day matters.
- This position supports, and has direct accountability for overseeing and handling legal issues for the business partners who manage the commercial mortgage and real estate private equity asset class.
- You will also be responsible for overseeing the work of outside counsel and paraprofessionals.
- License to practice law in a U.S. Jurisdiction
- 3-6 years of real estate private equity funds, direct real estate investing transactional experience in a law firm, a Fortune 500 company or similar organization
- Proficient skills in negotiation and experience advising business partners on real estate private equity, direct real estate investing, and joint ventures
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills, as well as the ability to identify and manage issues
- Ability to adapt well to change, multi-task, make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, respond with a sense of urgency and deliver results
- Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to develop and influence others
- Solid legal and business knowledge with respect to investment transactions
- Developing relationships with industry peers and participation in industry associations
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.