Senior Content Strategist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Want to work at one of 50 Happiest Companies in America? Interested in joining a collective of creative, innovative and passionate people who look forward to what they do every day?
Allstates growing User Experience and Design Group is looking for a Content Strategist to work with a growing team of conversation desigers who wants to do innovative work in a flexible and fun environment. Youll work with conversation designers, UX researchers, and business partners focused on voice, chat, and other channels to help establish and maintain the tone and voice across Allstates service experiences. And no matter what youre working on, youll enjoy the positive support of your team and guidance of industry veterans in an environment where youll be encouraged to spread your wings.
As a Content Strategist, you will help plan, organize and edit copy for voice and chat, reporting to the Lead Content Strategist, and will work closely with the rest of the UX team to ensure all content is brand appropriate, aligned across multiple Allstate projects, and approved by the necessary stakeholders.
Your in-depth understanding of digital messaging and VUI/conversational design along with a desire to recommend and inform content for best-in-class user experiences will be critical.
This role requires:
- Familiarity with systems thinking
- Experience with creating Content strategy and guidelines
- Flex a range of editing skills, from technical to conceptual
- Be comfortable using a Kanban board for UX activities
- Participate in twice weekly team stand-ups
- Edit copy thats appropriate for user needs, from UX copy within flows to more customer-facing copy per project
- Ensure the right words and content appear at the right time in the user experience, accounting for demographics, personas, and other factors
- Ensure brand voice and tone guidelines are applied and consistent across all touch points
- Partner with UX Architects, Design, Research, Business and Technology team members on content goals for projects
- Create and update content management spreadsheets as needed
- Bachelors degree
- Portfolio/samples of relevant work and experience
- 3-6 years as a UX Content Strategist or Copywriter
- Strong digital/user experience background preferred
- Direct-to-consumer digital knowledge a plus
- Experience with content management tools and deliverables
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Scriptwriting experience, writing for voice or chat, and strategy for conversation
- UX or Human Factors training
- Basic understanding of html/CSS
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.