Associate Software Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Associate Software Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing. The SDET will also work closely with Software Developers and QA engineers in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner. The SDET works as a liaison with other departments (such as Finance, Underwriting or Claims). The SDET also assists in training the user community on changes to applications developed by the ITS Department.
- Create, maintain, and execute automated test plans and test cases against our hardware and software platforms (primarily using Java)
- Estimate test efforts
- Analyze and communicate test results
- Perform defect tracking
- Enhance and extend the automation library and framework
- Assist with developing testing tools as required
- Coordinates System Test Cycles. Ensures quality and user-friendly applications through thorough unit-regression and systems testing procedures.
- Coordinate the evaluation and validation of potential solutions to end user requests. Investigate programs and systems to be created or changed, analyzing inputs and outputs. Works with end-users and ITS Department personnel to identify errors and omissions and to reporting them to the application vendor or developer.
- Develop and perform whitebox, greybox and Automation testing, as needed, for the program.
- Document, track, and communicate project testing risks, test results, status, defect analysis and unresolved problems for multiple projects and provide recommendations for improvements to the development team.
- Communicate with fellow team members and technology leadership and users as to the findings, status, and projected completion date of project. Log problems encountered, progress made, and important project milestones throughout the course of the quality assurance cycle.
- Maintain data files, test scripts, other system-specific processes necessary to perform effective, and accurate quality assurance testing. Provide guidance to Business Analysts, Technical Writers and/or others as required for completing training documents in a timely manner.
- Participate in day-to-day QA activities
- Demonstrated skill in testing enterprise distributed systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues required
- Demonstrated skill using code repositories, TFS, Git, SVN
- Knowledge of developing and managing Selenium test suites
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
- Prioritize multiple demands/projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing, to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to describe complex ideas using simple terminology.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with business partners.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate documentation and testing records.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Up to 2 years of quality assurance testing in a professional environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Additional 1+ years of experience in quality assurance testing in lieu of Bachelors with some education/training in a related field
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall software development approaches
- Working knowledge of relational Database query language (e.g. SQL)
- Experience with GUI and command line development tools and techniques
- Experience with QTP, Selenium and/or other standard testing automation tools preferred
- Experience with P&C insurance in a business and/or technical context preferred
- Experience with HTML, HTML authoring tools, and XML
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
- Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
- Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H