AmTrust Financial Services
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has a need for a Commercial Liability Claims Adjuster. This position will be located in our Maitland, Fl office. The Commercial Liability Claims Adjuster will be responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, investigation and resolution of insurance claims, including commercial casualty and construction defect claims, through effective interaction, investigation and negotiation with insureds and claimants, ensuring that company resources are utilized in a cost effective manner in the process. This is an inside position, and handles third party injury claims and property damage claims arising from commercial general liability and commercial auto policies. The adjuster reports to a GL Supervisor.Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling moderate-to-high complexity Construction Defect, Commercial Auto, and General Liability claims, including litigated claims.
- Makes timely and appropriate contacts with interested parties, including, but not limited to the insured, claimant/attorney, witnesses and producers.
- Determines, reviews and analyzes coverages that may or may not apply to the claim; Plans, executes and reviews investigations-coverage, liability and/or damages including the securing of a signed or recorded statement of the insured, claimant and/or witnesses.
- Manages all aspects of litigated claims, including development of a litigation plan with counsel, tracking and controlling legal expenses, and reaching a cost-effective resolution is required.
- Applies facts, as determined by contacts and investigation, to the law of a particular jurisdiction to properly and accurately evaluate exposure.
- Establishes indemnity and expense reserves as the claim transpires.
- Controls and manages claims-related expenses; determines and executes plans of action to resolution, including the avoidance/minimization of litigation.
- Works with and actively monitors and manages defense counsel.
- Minimizes losses through identification of subrogation and prompt disposition.
- Determines and fulfills reporting requirements to supervisor/manager, Home Office, SIU, client companies and reinsurers.
- Accountable for compliance with the states within the Southeast Region
- Recognizes SIU exposures and is able to implements appropriate action plans
- Works with outside vendors including Attorneys, Experts, Appraisers, Independent Adjusters, etc.
- Attend Mediation and Settlement Conferences as necessary
- Be ready, willing and able to undertake additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Prepare Large Loss Reports and maintain ongoing claim updates.Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of liability claim handling experience.
- Insurance coursework (e.g. IIA, CPCU, SCLA and AEI) is beneficial.
- Maintain valid adjusters license(s) in states assigned (Southeast Region) or an ability to obtain same
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.