Loss Control Representative
Join our amazing team as a Loss Control Representative! The Loss Control Representative will perform loss control services to achieve improved loss experience. This position serves the state of Texas.
Perform physical inspections of insured or potential insured premises as requested by the underwriting staff, analyze exposures to loss and recommend measures to reduce or eliminate these exposures. Make recommendations to the insured/underwriter based on the physical inspection.
Periodically review vendor reports for quality control. Assist in the selection of outside loss control vendors to insure quality loss control services are delivered. Assist vendors in providing loss control materials and services. Offer assistance in interpreting vendor recommendations for both insureds and underwriters.
Conduct training of insureds’ employees to reduce and eliminate exposures to loss, including written safety programs and loss control materials.
Work in concert with the commercial underwriting staff to assure a unified position is presented to policyholders as well as to our agency plant.
Conduct training of company underwriting and claims staffs to enhance their knowledge of exposures to loss.
Serve as a resource for company underwriting staff.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 60% of the time as needed.
- 3 years insurance industry experience in the area of loss control/safety.
- Designated Field Safety Representative in accordance with Title 28, Texas Administrative Code or have completed the ARM or ALCM courses.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation.
- Supplemental insurance education / designations such as CPCU, ARM and CRM.
- WC and/or Commercial Auto specialization.
- Completion of a loss control training program from a major national insurance carrier.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. We also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to our policyholders, agents and fellow employees.