Customer Service Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ASIC Service Unlicensed job family provides an exceptional customer service experience to agents through conversations and transactions. The ASIC Service Unlicensed Associate II is responsible for handling multiple types of Property & Casualty inquiries from Allstates licensed agency force, Independent Agents and Licensed Sales Professionals. Service to licensed agents will include primarily inbound calls, documentation of all transaction and resolving concerns in a professional manner. The Associate II has a basic understanding of most skill types and can perform with minimal assistance.
Class start date: May 14, 2018
Shift: 10:00-6:30PM (may include Saturdays in the future)
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Training schedule: 10:00-6:30PM
Training is 5-6 weeks with another 8 weeks in a Transition Team
- Resolve routine policy questions and issues for a licensed agency audience in a professional manner.
- Able to take Billing Help With Something Else and Non Agent.
- Completes customers transactional requests as provided by caller.
- Employs probing questions and actively listens to customer issues or questions, showing interest and compassion and displaying empathy for the callers situation.
- Remain current on new marketing campaigns in order to respond appropriately to marketing related inquiries using all available resource tools.
- Ensure facilitation of first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions handled.
- Demonstrates accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided and identifies opportunities requiring a transfer to a licensed representative.
- Verify coverage for customers or verify that policy changes were made and provide evidence of insurance documents to customers where coverage previously was bound by a licensed representative.
- Ability to handle any requests regarding customer documentation (to include all documents sent out by our company) and be able to clearly explain them including any follow-ups required on our customers part.
- Utilize multiple systems and databases to locate information and relay the information in a clear and concise way.
- Perform math equations and calculations to determine billing scenarios.
- Researches systems, processes and prior transactions to identify the root cause of a policy specific issue.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Flexible and adaptable to business requirements (Shift and weekend work schedules)
- Intermediate to Advanced math skills required including basic sequential logics
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Basic PC aptitude including proficiency in keyboard skills
- Adaptability to sudden changes in processes
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on a team to resolve issues
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.