Senior Actuary Consultant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Develop and analyze actuarial and related items and data relating to pricing, valuation, experience analysis, or product development
- Develop and recommend actuarial assumptions.
- Monitor and revise existing analytical procedures
- Calculate reserve amounts
- Assist in analyzing financial implications of proposed plans, products and regulatory changes
- Develop/monitor/recommend system enhancements
- Research aberrations in statistical data
- Assist in preparation of and perform routine analysis of specific financial statement items, tax audits and internal reports
- Develop specific items for strategic and operating plans
- Analyze actuarial and related data where established objectives and procedures are usually available
Research and implement product design, pricing and financial administration
- Calculate overall rate level/adequacy needs
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist in development of pricing policies
- Perform persistency, mortality, morbidity and expense studies
- Research specific policy design alternatives
- Provide direction to operations and systems
Develop actuarial knowledge and skills
- Progress in SOA exams
- Advance actuarial knowledge by studying actuarial topics
- Apply exam topics to work projects
- Meet requirements of Allstate Financials Actuarial Career Program
Assist in development of complex computer applications
- Provide systems definitions for product design, actuarial formulae and procedures
- Coordinate and perform end user testing
- Provide programming as directed
- Manage computer data files
- Write moderately complex reports and proposals
- Document complex procedures, problems and analysis of data
- Train inexperienced staff in routine department procedures
- Serve of task forces, committees and team groups
- Coordinate and participate in meetings to provide/obtain information
- Write summaries of reports, articles and meetings attended
- Respond to inquiries where routine investigation is required
- A bachelors degree in Actuarial Science/Mathematics/Statistics is required
- Minimum of 3 years of actuarial experience is required
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries and Member of American Academy of Actuaries
- Financial/Actuarial modeling experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.